- Texas Watch (This is Wyatt’s favorite site to follow what is happening to our Texas rights!) This non-partisan advocacy organization works to improve consumer and insurance protections for Texas families.
- Texans for Liberty & Justice Working to restore true justice by beating back the assaults on our liberties and right to trial by jury.
- Texans for Insurance Reform Dedicated to ensuring fair insurance rates and coverage to all Texans.
- Public Citizen Since 1971 this national nonprofit, public interest organization has been standing up to corporate power and promoting consumer interests in Congress.
- Protect Consumer Justice A program of the Civil Justice Research & Education Project, this nonprofit group focuses on public debate in defense of the civil justice system with a focus on ensuring the right to access the courts.
- Consumer Watchdog Fights corrupt corporation and politicians on behalf of everyday Americans.
- Center for Justice & Democracy Headquartered at the NY Law School, the CJD is the only national consumer organization exclusively dedicated to protecting our civil justice system against the country’s most powerful special interests.
Better Government Groups
- Alliance for Justice Since 1979 this group has worked to advance the cause of justice for all Americans through its national association of environmental, civil rights, mental health, women’s, children’s, and consumer advocacy organizations.
- Center for Media & Democracy This is a non-profit, non-partisan, public interest organization that strengthens participatory democracy by investigating and exposing public relations spin and propaganda, and by promoting media literacy and citizen journalism.
- Consumers Union Founded in 1936, Consumers Union is an expert, non-partisan, independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves.
- Democracy Is For People A group established in response to the 2010 U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Citizens United v. FEC which held that corporations have a “right” to spend unlimited amounts of money influencing elections.
- Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas The FOIFT works to encourage, sponsor and facilitate a greater appreciation, knowledge and understanding of the First Amendment—helping to ensure that the public’s business is conducted out in the open.
- Justice At Stake A non-partisan group advocating to keep campaign cash out of the courtroom to ensure fair and impartial justice for all.
- Progress Texas Progress Texas’ mission is to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems.
- Public Citizen-Texas A Texas nonprofit organization which fights for clean energy, energy efficiency and clean government.
- Texas Consumer Association Founded in 1967 to represent individuals and small businesses on issues affecting their pocketbooks, this group’s continuing goal is to make sure Texans’ interests are fairly represented at the Capitol.
News and Views
- National Public Radio NPR is a nonprofit, internationally acclaimed producer of non-commercial news, talk and entertainment programming with an effort toward creating a more informed public.
- Public Radio International PRI’s mission is to serve audiences with distinctive programming that provides information, insights and cultural experiences essential to understanding a diverse and independent world.
- Texas Public Radio TPR is a community of listener-supported, non-commercial radio stations in South Central Texas which carries NPR produced programming.
- The Texas Observer Since 1954, the Texas Observer has been an investigative monthly magazine that covers issues ignored or underreported in the mainstream press.
- The Texas Tribune A nonprofit, nonpartisan public media organization whose mission is to promote civic engagement and discourse on public policy, politics, government, and other matters of statewide interest.
- Gavel Grab Gavel Grab is a blog from the good folks over at Justice at Stake.
- The Pop Tort ThePopTort.com is a blog by consumer advocates at the Center for Justice & Democracy.
- American Constitution Society Legal organization promoting the U.S. Constitution and the values it expresses: individual rights and liberties, genuine quality, access to justice and democracy.